· Do you consider yourself a leader?
· Are you an experienced yoga teacher looking for a way to get more involved?
· Do you desire to up your game by being part of a professional team?
· Are you 200hr Yoga Alliance Certified and been teaching for a minimum of 3 years?
· Do you enjoy having a flexible, rolling schedule that includes working some weekends?
· Does being part of a community and building strong relationships excite you?
· Are you excited about receiving feedback to grow personally and professionally?
· Do you enjoy hiring, training and providing ongoing coaching?
· Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy contributing to a community?
If you said YES to ALL of the above questions, then keep on reading! Becoming a Lead Teacher with YogaSix could be the best next step in your career.
Setting the Ultimate Example:
Taking the seat of a Lead Teacher carries with it much joy as well as much responsibility. Dedication to your own journey and a commitment to personal growth and inner transformation is the foundation, for you can only guide another as far along the path as you have come yourself.
Qualities of Great Leaders & Teachers:
· The ability to create connection
· Knowledge of the techniques and material
· The ability to communicate and the willingness to be in conversation
· Being objective in judgment
· Being a gate keeper of the space
· Willingness to grow and remain a student forever
· Permission to not know, to be the beginner, to be a learner
· A sense of humor
· Dropping grandiose expectations and honoring our personal and professional evolution
· Being willing to tune in to our needs and the needs of our team members
· Leading from a place of rich personal experience
About the Role:
Our Lead Teachers support the General Manager and Department of Education by providing programming expertise, onboarding help, and continued coaching for the teaching roster of the studio. Onboarding help includes reviewing submitted sequences, auditioning teachers for format sign offs, providing feedback and coaching to teachers exploring new formats, and leading format trainings.
This is a part-time position, and compensated based on time spent or task completed. Average estimated time commitment of approximately 3-6 hours per week in addition to classes taught in studio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Have a consistent presence teaching and practicing in studio
· Signed off on all 6 core class types.
· Teach a minimum of 5-8 yoga classes (minimum of 4 different formats) in studio per week.
· Responsible for recruiting, auditioning, hiring, coaching and developing teachers
· Have strong understanding of YogaSix core formats, as well as distinguishing formats
· Ability to review sequences submitted for non-set formats and provide feedback
· Responsible for auditioning teachers for various class formats, as well as auditing existing
· Coach teachers in a supportive, empowering way
· Submit audition evaluation form for each teacher to studio manager
· Lead in-house format trainings (which include a full class experience) for training purposes
· Minimum 200hr Certified Yoga Teacher (500 hr Certified Teacher preferred)
· Minimum 3 years teaching experience (E-RYT status preferred)
· Yoga Management experience preferred
· Interest in evolving skills as a teacher and knowledge of various styles
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience coaching and developing staff and effectively resolving personnel issues
· Organizational skills/ High attention to detail
· Computer savvy; ClubReady experience a plus.
· YogaSix Ambassador for Community Events (Teacher, Contributor)
· Lead by example, consistently perform all tasks at the highest level
· Uplift all team members by giving them the tools to succeed
· Adhere to YogaSix core values and uphold the core values with all team members
· Be able to step in as an authority-figure in the studio as needed
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- Yoga Instructor: 3 years (Preferred)
- YTT (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
Company’s Facebook page:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.