Young Mens Christian Association Of Northwest North Carolina
Apply by October 30, 2020
Responsible for the organization and execution of all Aquatic Programming at Davie YMCA including Swim Lessons, Lifeguards and Water Fitness. This position supervises all aquatics staff and programs at the branch. The successful candidate will implement the full spectrum of aquatic programming for members of all ages and abilities, growing the passion and capabilities of our community in the water so that they can take their knowledge to the next level and become life-long swimmers. If you thrive on helping others and have a passion for Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, then join our cause.
- Develop and manage a yearly budget for all related departments to meet fiscal objectives.
- Provide direct supervision to all aquatic staff.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Organize and schedule program registrations.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and participation in programs.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other community organizations.
- Coordinate use of aquatic facilities for members, program activities and events.
- Establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in accordance with the Association and branch strategic plans.
- Assist in branch fund raising activities and special events.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Identify staffing and training needs, hire, train, coach and evaluate staff
- Provide Swim Instructor and Water Fitness instructor in-service trainings for programming, customer service, and safety procedures on a quarterly schedule
- Provide Lifeguard in-service trainings for lifesaving skills, customer service, and safety procedures on a monthly schedule
- Review and maintain payroll for department staff
- Work with the Director and Human Resources to handle employee relations and discipline, with documentation, involving aquatics staff and patrons.
- Work with leadership and the Marketing Department to develop marketing strategy and campaign material for Aquatics (including articles, brochures, postcards, program guide entries, audience identification, etc.)
- Continuously seek program/program adjustments to meet the needs of the community such as Home School Swim Lessons, Special Needs Lessons, etc.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, members, vendors, and the community including answering calls promptly
- Organize and/or conduct YMCA Lifeguard and ASHI courses for internal and external customers
- Work with Aquatic staff to help ensure they are up to date on all required certifications, at all times and take lead on all LRT trainings
- Be available to fill in as a lifeguard or swim instructor as needed
- Work with aquatic and branch staff to organize the monthly lifeguard and pool schedules and make them available each month by the last week of the previous month
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of short and long range strategic plans
- Follow the quality standards of the Aquatic Department as specified by the Aquatic AOC.
- Function as Risk Manager for the branch, organize leadership roles, branch strategies and trainings on the branch EAP and ensure that and all departments incorporate safety training into their in-services
- Assist in the development and execution fundraising events for the Aquatics Department such as United Way and Annual Giving Campaign
- Attend required meetings and trainings
- Assist with special events, both branch and association-wide
- Serve as Manager On Duty when needed
- Complete WPRs for employees
Directly supervises part time and non-exempt employees and volunteers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing and approving timesheets; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; monitoring and updating all required staff certifications; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in related field preferred. Two to four years related experience and some college education required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Trainings
Certificates, licenses and trainings must be completed within first year of employment.
All staff are required to complete: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; Bloodborne Pathogens; Child Abuse Prevention and Reporting Awareness
- Lifeguard/Pool Operation: CPO, CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen, YMCA Lifeguard, YMCA Lifeguard Instructor
- Swim Lesson: YSL V6 Instructor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.